The office will be closed July 3rd - July 31st. Please contact our office before July 3rd with any questions. Thank...
Provo City School District fully expects our schools to be open and functioning normally throughout the winter, but weather conditions, which can vary greatly in different neighborhoods and on different streets in a short amount of time, may result in a change in the normal operating routine. The safety of our students is our primary concern.
Recommendations and Decisions
If there is a decision to delay or cancel school, that decision will be made by the Superintendent as early as possible on the day of bad weather. If severe weather conditions or other events force a school closure, delayed start, or early release, the following procedures will be implemented.
• The Transportation Route Coordinator will contact Provo City street department at approximately 5:00 am to determine road conditions.
• In the event a late start or possible closure may be needed, the Transportation Route Coordinator will contact the district Business Administrator.
• The Business Administrator will contact the Superintendent, who will make the final determination for the necessary course of action.
• The Business Administrator will contact the Transportation Route Coordinator with the Superintendent’s determination.
• The Superintendent will inform the Public Relations/Communications Coordinator with the decision.
• The Public Relations/Communications Coordinator shall send out communication to public, parents and principals via website, ParentLink, twitter, district app and local media outlets.
All parties should be aware of snow conditions and are expected to have their phones available for contact at any hour.
• Below Bench Pick-up. If the roads have not been plowed, or the snow accumulation on the road is too deep, or the roads are iced over, the school buses will pick up at the following stops in your area as close to the regular stop time as possible. (Once the decision has been made for these pickups all regular education routes will adhere to them even if the streets have been plowed after the decision has been made.)
South East Bench Oak Hills, Sherwood Hills, North East Bench
2301 S State Street (UTA stop) 820 N 1200 E (NW corner)
2051 S State Street (UTA stop) 2276 N Temple View Dr.
Nevada & Slate Canyon Dr. (Below Spring Creek) Timpview bus loading zone (NE corner)
Foothill Drive & 650 East
• Two Hours Late Start. This means buses will begin their first route two hours late but at regularly scheduled stops UNLESS the message includes “With below Bench Pick-up”. There will be NO half-day kindergarten, preschool, or other midday programs.
• Schools Closed. This means all Provo City School District schools are closed for all regular and/or special education students. All scheduled activities are also canceled. District administrative offices will be open and administrators are expected to report to work as soon as safely possible.
• Early Release. In the event weather becomes a concern during the school day and an early release is determined to be in the best interest of the students, the Public Relations/Communications Coordinator shall be notified and will send out the appropriate communications.
Stay updated at www.provo.edu/, Twitter @ProvoSchoolDist, the Provo School District App or by
listening to/watching KSL.
District Office: 801-374-4800