The office will be closed July 3rd - July 31st. Please contact our office before July 3rd with any questions. Thank...
Hello Sunrise Preschool Families!
Here are a couple of reminders and items for you to be aware of:
Our school is using ClassDojo!
ClassDojo connects teachers with students and parents to build amazing classroom communities – through photos, videos, messages, & more!
You can use it on any device: it’s a simple, free app for iOS and Android, and can also be used from a computer at www.classdojo.com
Parents can translate all posts into their preferred language using any smartphone – with just a tap! Teachers and parents can privately message each other, and you can also see announcements, resources, events, and reminders on the class story.
Download the ClassDojo app today and sign up as a parent!
ClassDojo for iOS
ClassDojo for Android
ClassDojo for Desktop
Parent and family support in a child’s education can make all the difference!
This week, you can support your child’s education by increasing your child’s opportunities for independence. Highlight one or two skills that you usually do for your child, that your child may be ready to do more independently. Some examples may include:
- Let your child get his backpack zipped up and put on by himself
- Encourage your child to turn the sink on, get soap, wash hands, and turn off the faucet independently (maybe with a step stool)
- Give your child the opportunity to put her socks and shoes on all by herself
- Have your child put his cup and plate into the sink or dishwasher after dinner
Keep in mind, this takes extra time and patience, and your child may need some coaching on how to complete the tasks.
- October 12th: Term 1 Ends
- October 13th – 17th: Fall Break – No School
- October 18th: Professional Development – No School
- October 19th: Term 2 Begins
- November 2nd – 4th: SEP Conferences
- November 23rd – 27th: Thanksgiving Break – No School
- December 7th / 8th: Picture Day
- December 19th – January 2nd: Winter Break – No School
We are so appreciative of all that you do!
Sunrise Preschool Director